Davidson-Roberts Acre Wood
47 Hospital Road
Monday – Friday: 07:30 – 18:15
Drop-Off Directions & Parking
Acre Wood Day Nursery is located on Hospital Road, based in Arlesey, Bedfordshire.
The nursery is perfectly located for families from Arlesey, Fairfield Park, Stotfold, Letchworth, Hitchin and the surrounding areas. We are only a few minutes from Arlesey railway station where trains run direct to London and Peterborough.
Parking is available outside the nursery for convenient drop off and pick up.
Davidson-Roberts Acre Wood
At Acre Wood Day Nursery, rated Good by Ofsted (May 2018), we pride ourselves on having welcoming rooms and nursery practitioners, who ensure your child’s individual needs are met and their interests nurtured.
The nursery offers quality childcare for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years old, where children have the opportunity to explore and expand their natural curiosity and learn through play.
We love the great outdoors, and our nursery features open spaces for our children to enjoy.
Our nursery has a wonderful team of quality early years practitioners, with a wealth of experience and knowledge, who are dedicated to working in childcare. We promote parent partnerships and provide updates and photos about your child’s routine and activities.
We have on-site parking available for easy access and convenience.
Meals & Snacks
We provide healthy meals and snacks as well as fresh water and milk. Our menus are seasonal and are certified by a children’s dietician ensuring the right balance of ingredients for the children. All dietary requirements are catered for by our professional chefs.
Our outdoor space offers an environment to explore and develop and provides a place where imagination comes to life.
Fees & Availability
Nursery fees are dependent on the age of your child and your specific childcare requirements. Funding options are available, including the government’s 15 and 30 hours funded childcare, and we also accept the Government Tax Free Childcare Scheme and childcare vouchers.
To request pricing and availability, please call us or complete the request a call back form below.
How we learn at Davidson-Roberts Day Nurseries
- Our nursery is the perfect place to begin your child’s journey
- We offer settling in sessions for you and your child to feel safe and happy in their new environment. This is the start of us building a long-standing relationship with your family, ensuring secure bonds between the child and nursery team
- We offer a comforting environment with a variety of resources for our babies to explore, develop and discover through play
- We promote sensory play from a very young age, helping children to make sense of the world by connecting what they see, hear, smell, touch and feel
- Our children have access to a wide variety of books and stories, music, and rhymes introducing early literacy and communication skills
- We promote movement and balance and focus on early wellbeing awareness.
- Our toddlers thrive as they become more independent and curious
- We feel it is important to offer a range of natural resources and provide plenty of messy play opportunities to encourage learning through creative play
- We have a wide range of age-appropriate books and resources to encourage communication and develop language and literacy skills
- We encourage independence and free thinking by allowing the children to choose and lead activities carefully guided by our practitioners
- We promote physical creativity through music and movement which is key in helping to develop children’s motor skills
- We continue to promote early wellbeing awareness and relaxation techniques to help our children understand their thoughts and feelings.
- Our preschool room supports ‘school readiness’ through a wide range of quality resources and equipment that promote all areas of the EYFS including maths and literacy
- We embed maths and literacy into everyday routines providing opportunities for letter and number recognition
- We give encouragement and praise to our children inspiring them to investigate and be curious of the world around them
- We promote an inclusive environment where we take part in a variety of cultural and international celebrations
- We work on whole body movements to develop large motor skills, co-ordination, balance, and strength
- We provide a dedicated space for children to learn in small groups allowing focus and concentration as our practitioners deliver activities preparing children for their next step into school.
- In our garden children can wander, climb, splash, and run
- Our children have access to our nursery garden which is essential for healthy development and wellbeing and our outdoor equipment encourages physical development and challenges
- Our outdoor space allows children to understand and take risks which helps to build their confidence, independence, and eagerness to learn
- Our children are introduced to important life skills and encouraged to try new things through play and exploration, with activities such as role play, water play and investigative play
- We use natural materials such as sand and mud to promote discovery and imaginative play
- Being part of the local community is important and we regularly take the children on walks around the local area.
Our nursery has a lovely family feel which makes it a wonderful place for your child to grow, learn and play. We have a passionate team, who aim to create something special and different, ensuring all children are nurtured, cared for, and inspired with their individual needs in mind.
We have a dedicated senior team who support the nursery management in striving for delivering excellence by enriching home from home environments with an expertly trained team.
All staff complete comprehensive training, further developing their knowledge and understanding of children’s development, covering all key aspects in keeping children safe.
We can provide advice and support for all our families on a vast range of topics by pulling together our combined experience.
Food & Nutrition
Our delicious, healthy and nutritious food is sourced from trusted suppliers and prepared and cooked by our onsite chef. All dietary and religious needs are met.
Our experienced team would love to meet you and your little one, so book a visit today and we will show you everything our nursery has to offer during your own personal tour at a time to suit you.
Join us at our next Open Day
Saturday 20th January, 9am-1pm
Call Back Request
If you would like us to give you a call back at a time which is more convenient for you, please fill in the form below.